Skip to content

Recreated stamps for a project

Last updated on July 2, 2022

June 4, 2022

I made these stamps this week for my current Soldbuch project. All are copied from originals. The small date stamps replicate some different styles of movable dater stamps and were used to make near-exact copies of specific original entries I wanted to recreate. For the handles I used a combination of old German stamp handles, new stamp handles, recycled old parts as well as some parts I made myself.

A few of these stamps were tricky to make. These were stamps where I had no original to copy that was identical to what I wanted. For the round Landessch├╝tzen-Bataillon stamps I copied some stamps from a different Bataillon. I had to change the Roman numerals to numbers, and move around the text and graphic elements so everything would be spaced correctly. For the hospital soap issue stamp, I needed to change the hospital name so I re-typeset the stamp with a very similar font. I exactly copied some of the characters from the original stamp, the get the look to be as close as possible.

Published inRubber stamp projects